Ed Peasley started Peasley Transfer in 1890, the same year Idaho became the 43rd state. He began with horses and wagons delivering groceries for Falk Mercantile. History progressed, as did Peasley Transfer, with autos and trucks, but Ed kept his team of mules to deliver the goods after truck breakdowns.
Ed's success in trucking led to joining Allied Van Lines in 1929. Mowbray and Gertrude Davidson bought Peasley Transfer in 1940, and retained the name. Mowbray continued the freight business and added storage in Boise’s warehouse district, today named BoDo.
In 1945, Emmet and Janet Davidson Herndon joined Mowbray. Together, Mowbray and Emmet were involved with Idaho Motor Carriers and Allied Van Lines. Following Gertrude’s passing, Mowbray married Georgia Phillips. Georgia started Idaho’s 1st TV station, KTVB, and Peasley Transfer successfully transported the transmitter to Bogus. Then, in 1956, Peasley Transfer donated services to carry Boise’s Cross to Table Rock.
In 1962, Peasley Transfer consolidated to its current location on North Curtis Road. Operations were expanded to include over 60,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space, mini self-storage, and a railroad spur with an active railroad freight business into the 1980's. Kit Herndon (Emmet & Janet's daughter) joined Peasley in 1980 and simultaneously became a member of the Greater Boise Chamber's volunteer group called the Goldusters (called Ambassadors today).
I'm a satisfied repeat Peasley Transfer customer. — Aaron H., 1/23/2018See What 87 Customers are Saying
This brief history cannot begin naming all the accolades awarded to Peasley Transfer and its employees over the past century. Three honorable mentions are Dan Even and John Fair, Allied’s Drivers of the Year, and Emmet Herndon’s title of “Mr. Allied”.
In 2015, Peasley Transfer proudly celebrated both our 125th anniversary and the well deserved retirement of Emmet, Janet, and Kit from the business. In December 2015, we became a division of Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage, a fellow Allied Van Lines agent who also celebrated a 125th anniversary in 2015. Together, we look forward to delivering the goods to Treasure Valley families and businesses for another 125+ years.